Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) – flexible assessment for language teachers
The Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) is a flexible set of modules that gives a strong foundation in the core areas of knowledge needed for English language teaching.
TKT is ideal for people who:
- would like to teach English but have not yet started teaching
- teachers who trained a long time ago and would like to refresh their knowledge
- want to keep their teaching skills up to date.
TKT has separate modules which can be taken in any combination or separately:
- TKT Module 1: Language and background to language learning and teaching
- TKT Module 2: Planning lessons and use of resources for language teaching
- TKT Module 3: Managing the teaching and learning process
- TKT: Practical
- TKT: Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- TKT: Knowledge about Language (KAL)
- TKT: Young Learners