Preparing for Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) Speaking and Writing
These tips for exam success will help you get the most out of the Cambridge English: Advanced exam.
Speaking test tips
- Practise speaking in English as much as you can. If you have friends in English speaking countries, try talking to them on Skype, or speak in English to friends or teachers. Joining an English speaking club can also be a fun way to prepare for your exam.
- Familiarise yourself with the format of the Speaking test with the free sample papers. This will give you extra confidence on exam day.
Writing test tips
- Practise your writing skills by completing timed essays. Always check that you’ve addressed the question fully and no important details are missing.
- When writing, consider who the ‘target reader’ is and write in an appropriate style and tone.
- Don’t forget that both parts of the Writing section are equally important and carry the same number of marks.
Remember, preparing for Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) doesn’t just help you pass your exam, it gives you the language skills you need for successful study. Once you have passed, you can use it for your visa and university applications.