Cambridge Days in Germany – 100 Years Cambridge English
Cambridge English Language Assessment and Cambridge University Press/Klett offer five Cambridge Days in Germany in March and May to celebrate the centenary.
- Wednesday, 6 March 2013 from 15.00 to 17.30, Treffpunkt Klett München (Schwanthalerstr. 10)
- Thursday, 7 March 2013 from 15.00 to 17.30, Treffpunkt Klett Stuttgart (Rotebühlstr. 77)
- Friday, 8 March 2013 from 15.00 to 17.30, Treffpunkt Klett Düsseldorf (Königsallee 63-65) Fully booked!
- Wednesday, 15 May 2013 from 15.00 to 17.30, Treffpunkt Klett Hamburg (Schauenburgerstr. 44, 3. Stock)
- Thursday, 16 May 2013 from 15.30 to 18.00, Treffpunkt Klett Berlin (Mittelstr. 62)
Registration: Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participation is free of charge.
Workshop I (60 min): Bridging the gap between B2 and C1 Speaking, Klett-Verlag/Cambridge University Press
Based on the descriptors in the Common European Framework, the Cambridge Speaking tests at B2 and C1 level examine five areas of competence:
- lexical resource
- grammatical resource
- discourse management
- interactive communication
But how do we help our students to become proficient in all these areas? This workshop will examine briefly what these terms mean before participants spend the rest of the session trying out some fun speaking activities which will not only give their intermediate and higher level students practice but which can be used in class again and again.
Workshop II (60 min): Assessing Speaking in Cambridge English Exams, Cambridge English Language Assessment
How are candidates assessed during the speaking tests? This presentation is designed to give you an understanding of how students are evaluated during the speaking test (taking the example of Cambridge English: First and Cambridge English: Advanced), using the Cambridge speaking test criteria. We’ll watch a range of performances, from weak to strong, and discuss how they would be evaluated. We will also suggest classroom activities for improving the communication skills tested, so that your students really do their best on the day.