Job Offer: Development Support Manager Germany
Development Support Manager
Location: Germany (Cologne, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt)
A highly motivated individual is required for this post which reports to the Head of Business Development, Northern Europe. The post-holder will be based in their own premises in their region. The DSM will be directly responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing activities designed to increase candidature in the territory in collaboration with the Berlin office to ensure that annual sales targets are achieved and within budget. Specific duties will include:
- Plan and prioritise development objectives, allocating clear targets for market sectors and regional recognition, including the proportion of existing clients or new clients, in line with agreed regional strategies.
- Carry out direct visits to potential new customers, according to agreed prioritisation and country strategic plans, for schools, HE and corporate sectors, advising on full range of Cambridge English assessment products and services.
- Carry out visits as part of regional recognition strategy, working with Head of Business Development, the Global Recognition team, and other regional Heads, to ensure the objectives of new recognition process are reached. To work to yearly plan for area covered, and ensure regular monitoring, reporting, and final evaluation.
- Carry out direct visits to existing customers, according to agreed prioritisation and country strategic plans, maintaining relationship with platinum preparation centres and ensuring all suppliers are brought in to country marketing support (seminars, blogs etc.)
- Joint planning with key and platinum exam centres to encourage proactive behaviour and support strategic business growth. Visiting their existing and potential customer base with these centres.
- Attend and provide presentations at student award ceremonies, parents meetings, teacher meetings and publisher conferences as required.
- Ensure all planning and visit information is logged on CRM to facilitate full customer support and accurate monitoring and reporting on development activity in the area and region.
Candidates must be educated to at least degree level, with good experience in both sales and in the ELT or sales industry, and be able to demonstrate strong organisational capabilities, together with excellent communication skills, and a proven ability to work independently. A minimum C1 level of German and a minimum B2 level of English language competence. The ability to deliver teacher training and/or presentations is an asset as is hands on experience with Cambridge English examinations.
The closing date for applications is 25 May 2014 and interviews will be held in Berlin on 28 May 2014.
Contracts of employment will be subject to local terms and conditions.